Thursday, November 1, 2012

"Lets paint a rug!" -- said nobody ever


  One friday I decided that I did not like this rug anymore..

Being so smart and frugal I found a tutorial on pinterest on painting rugs. I thought we could just paint over the rug we had instead of buying a new one... AND a gallon of paint later we had this...
In the words of my little brother Jake, "No Danka!"

Have you ever heard of pinstrosity.blogspot.com?? It is funny website that posts things like this. Well I am definitely submitting this pinstrosity of my own. (0:

After a trip to the dumpster we decided to do it the right way---


With lots of help from Stu and his "lawn mower" of course.




 
It turned out really good!! I would recommend that you paint a rug. --Just follow the directions!--
This is what it usually looks like. Cute, even covered with legos!

Someday I will post a picture of our clean perfect family room. Like when my pillows aren't stacked up on the couch because Stu isn't allowed to throw them on the floor but he NEEDS room to drive his cars. (wishful thinking) (:


10 comments:

  1. I was going to tell you to submit that to Pinstrosity but then I read that you had the same idea. Glad you got it all cute and chevron-ed in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT! Did you make the pillows too? I told Talon that Mike helped you out with this project and mentioned how fun it would be for him to help me...yeah I don't think that's ever gonna happen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Love it, you're way more ambitious than me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Job Clarissa!!!! I love how it turned out. I love your darling pillow destroying inhabitants. Your a darling momma.
    Natalie..... I will have a talk with him while he is hear this weekend. (O:
    xoxoxoxxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha ha, most everything I try from pinterest looks like pooh. Your rug looks great, I seriously love it. I want one now. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks so good though! Brownie points to Mike for helping out! I want one now too. I might convince Clint to do it for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to try this!! Great job on rug number two. Sorry number one didn't work out, but thanks for saving me the grief because I'm pretty sure I would have tried that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't mind me stalking your blog... This rug is SO cute! And I just decided that I will be making that soup tomorrow night. What a cute fam and on-top-of-things Mom!

    ReplyDelete