Friday, November 23, 2012

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

We all ate A LOT of food yesterday!! Even this guy--

Since he eats big kid food now I have been experimenting with homemade baby food.
For it to work and be worth my time I decided it needed to be quick and easy and cheap! I tried squash first since right now is squash season.

I baked a whole bunch of squash--
 Blended it up until it is very smooth--
 And bottle it in old baby food jars--
WA-LA!!
I baked 3 squash ( .78 cents each) and that made 18 jars of baby food. Buying baby food at the store costs 50 cents each so I saved  $6!! Definitely easy and worth my time!
 -- KID TESTED, MOTHER APPROVED! --


4 comments:

  1. You are such a sweet, smart Mommy. So much like your mom. love you tons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have inspired me to try this when Julia is ready for real food. I don't know why I didn't do this with Sarah and Ty. Go Gussy!

    ReplyDelete