Wednesday, May 9, 2012

I sewed!!

After Easter weekend in Idaho Mike rode the shuttle back home to Utah and Stu and I got to stay for an extra few days! It has almost been 3 years since we moved into our apt. here in Utah so I figured it is about time I hang up curtains in my bedroom...! So, thank goodness my Mom is an AMAZING "sew-er"! That week she taught me how to sew... again. {{She did teach me when I was younger but I hated it and found myself unpicking more than sewing so I convieniently forgot everything she taught me!}} We made curtains which took the entire time and 2 bent needles. Then, when I came back home I had Lydia help me with the pillows. And, believe it or not I sewed almost every single thing!! AND, I liked it! I am even hoping to get a sewing machine of my own soon! (0:

 ~Special thanks to our apt. that has no ceiling lights and the worst camera on the planet for the amazing quality of this ^^^ picture!~


Now, I am trying to figure out what to hang on the walls... 

5 comments:

  1. Oh Clarissa! You did a wonderful job. I am so very impressed. Hey everyone...look what Clarissa did. I love how they turned out.
    I think that picture you just posted would be very fun big on your wall. Along with the sitting on the steps with yellow shoes wedding picture. (O:

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO SO CUTE!!! I love all of it! You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. make. an. r. (how cute we have the same last initial!) i seriously put my cereal box r together in less than an hour (minus drying time...) and it is on my pinterest, only i didn't print an r out, i just free handed it. nor did i have gel stain, just plain ol' acrylic paint. DO IT! and you've inspired me to make my own dang curtains, even though i'm dreading it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way cute! I bet it is really nice to have a decorated bedroom to sleep in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! I'm thinking I need to sew some pillows and curtains as well ;)

    ReplyDelete