Saturday, April 17, 2010

Amazing Internet!

The other day I wanted to make some Oatmeal cookies that sounded really yummy off of the food channel. Well off course I had all but ONE ingredient! It was buttermilk, I don't think I have ever purchased buttermilk. And, since I probably wouldn't have a use for it after these cookies I tried googleing Buttermilk substitutions. and, IT WORKED!! There is a buttermilk sub. and it really works! All you do is add a tablespoon of lemon juice or white vinegar to a cup of milk and let it stand for 5 to 10 minutes. It really turned thick like buttermilk, I felt like I had just successfully done a cool science experiment! How cool is the internet? We can ask all kinds of weird things and most of the time get an answer! So for all of you like me who don't have a use for buttermilk very often, try this! (It is also a lot healthier for you!)

3 comments:

  1. I love the internet....I is just amazing!! and by the way I am SO excited taht you are going to come to the swap!! I really wanted to see your face as you open your gift from me!!! So please please come!! And plus I just want to see you cause you are just cute and great!! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree! I have a little gadget on my igoogle in which I type in what I have in my fridge, and it collects recipes that I can make with those ingredients!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even us old folks are catching on to the internet! I just learned how to crochet around the edge of burp clothes. I'm so proud of myself.

    ReplyDelete